fetchmail dying

2001-02-17 20:36:45
fetchmail 5.6.1, 5.6.5 & 5.6.6 in daemon-mode
on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, Kernel 2.2.18, gcc 2.95.2

In the last two days I've seen fetchmail dying silently after
logging "timeout after 300 seconds waiting to connect to server gmx.net."

I don't know exactly whats the matter, but because it happens after
downgrading to 5.6.1 too, it must be influenced by changes in my
/etc/fetchmailconf file.

fetchmail is polling several mailboxes (all single-drop) and delivers
mail to local sendmail. Yesterday I've changed one mailbox to flush
messages into a BSMTP-file and then starting a sh-script via postconnect
which handles the mailbatch. I've already dropped the postconnect-option
so I guess it might have to do with the bsmtp-option.

Lipo

--
Roland E. Lipovits
Vienna, Austria