Re: broken plugin code

2001-02-18 15:05:24
Dave Zarzycki <dave(_at_)zarzycki(_dot_)org> writes:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Dave Zarzycki wrote:

On 17 Feb 2001, Todd Sabin wrote:

The strcat (plugin_copy + plugin_copy_offset... stuff should really be
    strcpy .....  See?

It didn't crash my machine. ;-)

Seriously, I think it's a bug in your strcat() (we should still change it
to strcpy() though.)

Never-mind. I see the bug in the code. Yes it should be strcpy() because
that's what I meant. I'm guessing the reason my strcat() worked was
because the malloc()ed region was getting zero filled on my system (or I
was just plain lucky.)

Thanks for catching the bug,

Sure, no problem, but I still don't see what supporting %h and %p gets
you.  Is there some case where it behaves significantly better than
using a shell script wrapper, or is it just to try and make things a
little easier on people?

Todd