Re: [Bug report] PREAUTH mode IMAP and plugin

2001-02-23 02:04:39
Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf(_at_)criens(_dot_)u-psud(_dot_)fr>:
I'm trying to get the mail out of a box on which I only have a telnet
account (no POP or IMAP server, no ETRN in SMTP).

To get fetchmail getting my mail, I installed imapd on the remote
machine, and I wrote a plugin that telnet to the box and launch imapd. I
should be able to get the mail in PREAUTH mode.

I know have an entry that looks like this working:

poll hurkle.thyrsus.com with proto IMAP
    aka thyrsus.com netaxs.com ccil.org earthspace.net
       plugin "ssh %h /usr/sbin/imapd"
       user 'esr' there is esr magic-numbers here warnings 3600
    antispam 571 550 501 554

So maybe you don't need the elaborate plugin?
--

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes
the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and