[fetchmail]Re: Attempted fix for KPOP breakage

2001-03-04 14:37:03
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 04:34:18PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Matthew Gabeler-Lee and Zack Weinberg seem to have both tripped over a
bug in KPOP support that I introduced while rewriting the
authentication system.  It seems that KPOP servers don't do SASL but
instead need to see a dummy PASS command.  This has been reported as
Debian bug #88288.

This patch against the 5.7.0 sources should fix the problem.  Please
let me know...

This applies to the 5.6.8 source with no fuzz and does indeed fix the
problem.  I see Debian's gone through a bunch of versions in the
meanwhile - as soon as my mirror stabilizes again, I'll report whether
the new package works too.

zw