[fetchmail]Fetchmail "Doesn't Deliver?"

2001-03-12 20:33:37
Hello All:
        From Rob's emails, we could see that I needed to have
sendmail running:

OS is Linux Red Hat 6.0.
sendmail was started from Control Panel, and the machine was rebooted.
ps -ax shows sendmail on port 25
==>>
sendmail: accepting connections on port 2

Now, as I run fetchmail, it appears that mail is 'fetched', but there
still appears to be problems
??
I am also not sure where to expect the messages to be delivered to:
I show no deliveries at either /var/spool/mail/tim
(which I believe is where mutt expects to find it)

nor do I see any delivery to ~/mail
Below is a partial delivery of fetchmail messages as it makes connection:
 MAIL FROM:<tim(_at_)johnsons-web(_dot_)com> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=1294
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <tim(_at_)johnsons-web(_dot_)com>... Sender ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<test+johnsons-web(_dot_)com(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 550 <test+johnsons-web(_dot_)com(_at_)localhost>... User
unknown
fetchmail: SMTP> RSET
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Reset state
"User unknown" indicates to me that something is still unresolved.

User is tim
mail is sent from tim(_at_)johnsons-web(_dot_)com
mail is sent to test(_at_)johnsons-web(_dot_)com

Cheers
--
Tim Johnson