Re: [fetchmail]fetchamil: SMTP connect to localhost failed

2001-05-01 11:32:41
Have you tried telnetting to localhost smtp to see if the mta is
running?
On 08 Apr 2001 14:14:08 -0600, cameron wrote:
I am new to fetchmail and mailservers in general. I compiled and am
attempting to get fetchmail to work with qmail.

my .fecthmailrc looks like:
poll <some domain> protocol pop3 nodns
    user <user> with password <my password on some domain> is <local
username> here
    fetchall forcecr to * here

and I always get this error:
1 message for <user> at <some domain> (923 octets).
reading message 1 of 1 (923 octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost
failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from <some domain>
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks

-Cam