Re: [fetchmail]SMPT transfer problem, setup

2001-06-10 04:51:47
From: <kristofer(_dot_)bergstrom(_at_)stanfordalumni(_dot_)org>

        Hello from Japan and thank you for any advice you're able to
provide.  I think this is a simple question though I was unable to
find an answer in the fetchmail archives.  I hope I'm not imposing to
ask it here.

    I've got a pair of redhat systems (a desktop and a laptop) that
I'm trying to setup for e-mail.  I've had a lot of problems with the
easier, nice GUI stuff like kmail so I'm trying to get down to the
basics and do everything from the console.  I'd like to pop my mail
off my Japanese ISP with POP3 using fetchmail.  So far I've used the
super-nice fetchmailconf utility and I think that everything is in
order but I get the following log message when I connect and give it a
shot:

Looks like you're not running any form of SMTP server on your system. Try installing and configuring Sendmail, postfix or whatever your SMTP server of choice is. Failing that, make sure that procmail is correctly configured.

--
Rob
   The chief weapons of Unix: fear, surprise and