[fetchmail][fetchmail-announce] The 5.8.6 release of fetchmail is available

2001-06-12 08:59:43
The 5.8.6 release of fetchmail is now available at the usual locations,
including <URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail>.

Here are the release notes:

fetchmail-5.8.6 (Tue Jun 12 08:16:54 EDT 2001), 20676 lines:

* Reject candidate headers for the MAIL FROM address that have \n in them.
* Add capability to insert poll trace data in the Received line.
* HMH's patch to prevent buffer overflow due to long headers. Addresses
  Debian bug #100394.
* Brendan Kehoe's patch to avoid doing DNS lookups on skip entries.

There are 347 people on fetchmail-friends and 592 on fetchmail-announce.

We're now in cleanup mode for a stable 5.9.0 release.  More to come
shortly on the goals for post-5.9.0 releases.

By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been omitted.
--

"If I must write the truth, I am disposed to avoid every assembly of
bishops; for of no synod have I seen a profitable end, but rather an