Re: [fetchmail]Problem with fetchmail getting mail via POP3 and delivering via SMTP

2001-06-20 07:28:05
Neil Milne [lists] <maillist(_at_)hippoit(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:
I have a problem occasionally where I get an email delivered via pop3 which
is rejected by my smtp server with an error 550 (due to an invalid return
address). fetchmail is still deleting this message from the pop3 server and
so the email is lost. Any ideas how I can fix this. I'd prefer if fetchmail
left the email on the pop3 server (I believe it should be doing this as
according to the FAQ it should only issue a DELE command on successful
delivery via SMTP or after an error code 571 from the SMTP server.

The FAQ never mentions 570.  I checked.  If you had read the manual page, you
would know that fetchmail considers 550 a spam-rejection response and is doing
exactly what it's supposed to.  You would also know how to change this
behavior, it's quite easy.
--

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies
to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and