[fetchmail]Fetchmail and Courier SMTP

2001-06-24 23:37:06
I've got a bit of a problem with Fetchmail that looks like it might be more
than a configuration problem.

Basically, Courier SMTP doesn't like @localhost as a domain name. It returns
517 Syntax Error when that happens. This creates a problem because Fetchmail
reports errors as from FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost and it's not clear (to
me)
how to change that. Or if it can be changed.

I've emailed on the Courier list already about this and got no response, but
I will post something more specific. In the meantime, I can guess that the
author of Courier will say something along the lines that the RFC doesn't
permit mail from @localhost. Obviously, you lot don't agree or FetchMail
wouldn't try to deliver as coming from @localhost. (I said it might be more
than a configuration problem!)

Wade.