[fetchmail]timeout value's & poll skipping feature

2001-07-10 21:47:28
Hi guys.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I have fetchmail v5.1.0 installed
and running happily.  It polls about 25 mailboxes every 15 minutes, runs stable
for a few days then slowly starts to die.  I took a look at a logfile and found
that it was "skipping" certain mailboxes with the remark "poll of
mail.bogpond.com skipped(failed authentication or too many timeouts).  OK, I
understand that there needs to be a timout otherwise it will sit there until
the cows come home, but how do I dissable or set the number of attempts before
it starts skipping?  (OK, so sometimes it doesn't connect due to telstra
(thanks telstra)... but it usually comes back after a period (20-30 minutes).
Is there anyway of resetting this (say hourly with cron)?

I understand this may not be the place to request this info, if not, could you
point me in the right direcition?  I'm currently not a member of the list so if
you could reply to chris(_at_)waterwerks(_dot_)com(_dot_)au it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Pope.