Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 5.8.14 FETCH response handling

2001-07-26 04:19:12
Justin Guyett <jfg(_at_)sonicity(_dot_)com>:
Probably needs to handle "BAD" responses too.

Are you using an old version?   Looking in imap.c, I see:

        if (strncmp(cp, "OK", 2) == 0)
        {
            if (argbuf)
                strcpy(argbuf, cp);
            return(PS_SUCCESS);
        }
        else if (strncmp(cp, "BAD", 3) == 0)
            return(PS_ERROR);
        else if (strncmp(cp, "NO", 2) == 0)
        {
            if (stage == STAGE_GETAUTH)
                return(PS_AUTHFAIL);    /* RFC2060, 6.2.2 */
            else
                return(PS_ERROR);
        }
        else
            return(PS_PROTOCOL);

which certainly looks as though "BAD" and "NO" are handled.
--

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to
take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic