Re: [fetchmail]Feature Request

2001-07-24 12:09:35
Thomas Guettler wrote:
XML would solve many of the problems, but I don't think it's very
friendly to a person with a text editor.  It's more for programs
communicating with each other.

XML is great for something like this. You can type XML with every
editor. XML can be validated and the verbose syntax makes it easy to
learn.

All true.  But compared the "look and feel" of XML to, for example,
that of dhcpd.conf.  It's more comfortable for people to delimit
things with spaces and punctuation than with <tag attribute=something>
and </tag>.

True.  Would you like volunteer to convert the man page to info?  :-)

I would convert it if future development would be done on the info
files, too. I don't want to duplicate the documentation because it
would get out of date in the future. Tell me if you agree with this
and I will get the latest sources an convert it. [If some one has done
something like this before you can give me a hint]. This will need
about 2-3 weeks. I hope there are no major documentation updates
during this period.

The ideal thing would be to have a single source that could convert to
info or man (or html or something else...).  Such systems exist, but I
haven't messed around with anything that goes to both info and man.

--
==============================|"...his hands were doing what they liked to
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | do best -- replacing men like