Re: [fetchmail]Feature Request

2001-07-31 15:00:37
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:06:51PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net>:
The ideal thing would be to have a single source that could convert to
info or man (or html or something else...).  Such systems exist, but I
haven't messed around with anything that goes to both info and man.

Docbook.  I'm actively looking into this.

The support for groff seems to be dropped:

My Debian box (potato) tells me:

Package: sgmltools-2
 A text-formatting package based on SGML (Standard Generalized Markup
 Language), which allows you to produce TeX/DVI/PS/PDF, HTML, RTF, and
 plain ASCII (currently via Lynx) from a single source

Package: sgml-tools
 The Linux Documentation Project advise using this set
 of SGML parsers to generate HOWTO's and books. LaTeX,
 ASCII, HTML, PostScript and roff can all be generated
 from one SGML source file.
 Since the upstream completely moved away
 to the developemnt of sgmltoolls-2, this set of tools would
 not be enhanced to handle other DTD documents.

I think most users can live without a man page since Lynx or w3m are
available.

I already wrote some simple documentation using docbook and the
modular stylesheets. It's good looking.

--
Open Source Software Solutions
Thomas Guettler <thomas(_at_)thomas-guettler(_dot_)de>