Re: [fetchmail]Feature Request

2001-07-24 11:35:17
I recently told fetchmail to use ssl for one of my servers, and was
surprised that it complained when I put the ssl keyword near the
protocol rather than after specifying the user info.  I can understand
putting different keywords in different subsections of an entry, but
it would help if those subsections were more explicit.

XML would be even better,

XML would solve many of the problems, but I don't think it's very
friendly to a person with a text editor.  It's more for programs
communicating with each other.

XML is great for something like this. You can type XML with every
editor. XML can be validated and the verbose syntax makes it easy to
learn.

True.  Would you like volunteer to convert the man page to info?  :-)

I would convert it if future development would be done on the info
files, too. I don't want to duplicate the documentation because it
would get out of date in the future. Tell me if you agree with this
and I will get the latest sources an convert it. [If some one has done
something like this before you can give me a hint]. This will need
about 2-3 weeks. I hope there are no major documentation updates
during this period.

--
Thomas Guettler <thomas(_at_)thomas-guettler(_dot_)de>