[fetchmail]fetchmail 5.6.0

2001-07-23 23:39:04
Hi folks,

running fetchmail 5.6.0 within SuSE 7.1 had no problems.

I built my .fetchmailrc accordingly to the information in the man-page and
it works really fine.

Syntax (without "<" or ">" in original file)

But then I read about some problems and upgraded the software. By that time
SuSE gave me fetchmail 5.6.5 and from this time on fetchmail produced
strange messages (sorry, my english is little).

I rebuilt the .fetchmailrc from scratch accordingly to the information in
the man-page. For I only poll three servers, this is not really a too big
waste of time.

But whatever fetchmail-version above 5.6.0 I use (even in cooperating with
fetchmailconf) fetchmail first always wants to test the pop-server with
CAPA instead of only using above written "proto POP3".

I strongly believe that this is an error of the SuSE-rpm, so I tried to
compile the latest tar.gz on my own but I totally failed on this procedure.

On special request I will install the latest SuSE-rpm and send a sample
error log if no one understands me ;-)

--
cu
Martin Mewes