Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 5.8.14 build glitch on gcc/Solaris 8

2001-07-26 04:54:28
Eric S. Raymond,

How do you achieve your random sigs, and can you make available your quotes
file,
if at all possible?

Eric S. Raymond (esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com) said thusly on [26/07/01 at 12:34]:

government has a 'compelling interest' in censoring the Internet. The
Second Amendment doesn't say you have the right to keep and bear arms
until some madman plants a bomb. The Fourth Amendment doesn't say you
have the right to be secure from search and seizure unless some FBI
agent thinks you fit the profile of a terrorist. The government has no
right to interfere with any of these freedoms under any circumstances."
      -- Harry Browne, 1996 USA presidential candidate, Libertarian Party

    "Uneducated girls live terrible lives. They are given all sorts of funny
names by their husbands. They say, "I have a ëmarry and feed' for a wife."; "I
have a shelf for a wife."; "I have a pensioner who is always just
    subtracting and is always complaining she has run out of sugar."
    "Unlike many parents who felt there was no real need for educating a girl
child, my father encouraged me to be ambitiousÖThis really helped me and played
an important part in enabling me to finish my degree. Many
    other girls I knew at University were not able to finish their degrees
because of pressure to marry from relatives and society and because of the lack
of encouragement and support from their families."
    "Our own parents have a lot to answer for committing us to misery. They
destroy us the moment they choose to send boys to school, leaving us girls at
home. Their thinking is that we will get married and thereafter
    live happily forever. This is crooked thinking as there is nothing like
that. Not sending daughters to school is the same as raising slaves."

   --Women in Zimbabwe[9]