Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 5.8.14 FETCH response handling

2001-08-03 11:06:17
Justin Guyett <jfg(_at_)sonicity(_dot_)com>:
along the same lines, everything would break if another client was
simultaneously reading and deleting messages from a mailbox fetchmail was
trying to read from, right?

Mailservers are supposed to maintain a lock to prevent this; it's in
both the POP3 and IMAP protocol specs.  I don't think I'd care to bet
money on Microsoft doing it competently, though.
--

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression: for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that