[fetchmail][fetchmail-announce] The 5.8.16 release of fetchmail is available

2001-08-03 16:10:21
The 5.8.16 release of fetchmail is now available at the usual locations,
including <URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail>.

Here are the release notes:

fetchmail-5.8.16 (Fri Aug  3 18:55:54 EDT 2001), 21093 lines:

* Handle ! in RFC2821 Return-Path addresses properly.
* Better handling of BAD and NO responses to FETCH (thank Justin Guyett).
* Fixed *yet another* build error due to breakage in the i18n code.

There are 368 people on fetchmail-friends and 611 on fetchmail-announce.

Replaced mysteriously missing files in intl/ that were breaking the
build.  I hate GNU gettext!

By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been omitted.
--

The same applies for other kinds of long-lasting low-level pain. [...]
The body's response to being jabbed, pierced, and cut is to produce