Re: [fetchmail]Delete oversized mails.

2001-08-09 09:16:49
Roel van Meer wrote:

Hello fetchmail-friends,

I would like to know if anyone has found a way to remove oversized
mails left on the server if a limit is specified in fetchmails
configuration.

I hoped however that someone has had this problem before and has
found a solution for it that doesn't involve custom programming.

Ideas anyone?

Regards,

rolek

The best way is to use IMAP and put the limit in
postfix. Then fetchmail fetchs the header, bounce
it and delete the mail from the server.

If you cannot use IMAP, then put the limit into
fetchmailrc. You write a perl script,
which deletes the oversized messages. By using the CPAN
module Net::POP3 it's easy to implement. It is also
possible to download the header and bounce it with
Net::SMTP.

To Eric or other experts:
Why fetchmail cannot do the job under pop3 when I
can do it with perl or telnet?

Roland