[fetchmail]Expired Password Notification

2001-08-13 07:23:29
I recently moved my fetchmail host from an HP-UX 10.20 system to RedHat
Linux 7.1.  Both systems use fetchmail-5.2.7.

On the HP-UX system, whenever the password on one of my accounts (POP3)
expired I would receive an email message from fetchmail.  This doesn't
seem to be the case on Linux.

This weekend my password expired, therefore fetchmail was unable to login
to the POP3 server.  That's fine, but why didn't it send me an email?

I don't see any indication in the fetchmail log that it tried to send a
message (and I have it set to -v -v)... and looking at the sendmail logs,
it doesn't appear it tried to send a message.

PS. I have to use 5.2.7 because the IMAP server for one of my accounts
doesn't support the SEARCH command.