Re: [fetchmail]Cygwin fetchmail corrupts multi-part messages under Win2K

2001-08-14 11:42:23
Eric,

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 05:55:13PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
You say you're seeing message body corruption?  If so, that almost rules
out problems on the input side -- the message body is essentially processed
line by line.  See transact.c:readbody().

The output side is in sink.c.  Look at stuffline().

Thanks very much for the above pointers, but I had already found
readbody() and stuffline().

I read the thread.  I strongly suspect this corruption is happening
below fetchmail's level.  My best guess is a bug in the Cygwin C library
or networking code relating to libe-terminator translation.

Your hypothesis is correct but the problem is actually on the input side.
See the following for my latest post:

In particular, I would be very interested in your assessment of my
Cygwin fetchmail workarounds assuming that the problem cannot be fixed
in Cygwin itself.  Would you be willing to accept any of them if I
submitted a patch against the current source?

Thanks,
Jason