Re: [fetchmail]Where's my mail?

2001-08-28 08:43:02
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Shawn wrote:

I got fetchmail to work and to download my messages
from my server, after they're here, I run PINE and its
not tfinding any new messages. Where does fetchmail
store the downloaded messages. Isn't it
/var/spool/mail/username?

That is where I find my mail. Check to see if you put the right username
in your fetchmailrc for the local system. I have had accounts where the
ISP name was different from the local name.

I'm new to Linux and I'd really like some help getting
this to work. I've looked over the FAQ and I can't
figure out how to make this all work. Am I missing
something somewhere?

thanks. . .Shawn

If you comment out the options "logfile" and "daemon", if they are in the
fetchmailrc, then run fetchmail with -v or -vv (more detail). This will
output what fetchmail is doing when it is grabbing your mail.

Stephen