[fetchmail]set idfile and set logfile options

2001-08-31 12:36:54
I am having troubles getting the global options set idfile and set logfile to
work. I am using fetchmail 5.9.0 on FreeBSD 4.3.All of these options are at the
top of my .fetchmailrc file. When I have the following:

set idfile pop3ids

the uidl options works good except for the fact that it places this file in the
current directory.
If I use:

set idfile ~/pop3ids

-or-

set idfile $HOME/pop3ids

This does not work at all and redownloads the messages that have already been
recieved (all of my polls have uidl as a server option).

At the same time, I was trying to set up the logfile and with the following in
my .fetchmailrc, no logging is done. Is there something I have to add to turn
the logging on?

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.