[fetchmail]Re: Moderation, Timely Response, and Spam

2001-09-09 03:54:20
Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net>:
But lately, along with the periodic clump of fetchmail messages, I've
been finding... SPAM!  I believe the latest batch had three pieces of
spam out of nine total messages, or something like that.  Apparently
our moderator is no longer paying much attention to what he is
approving, so we now get the worst of both worlds -- bad for the
users sending questions to fetchmail-friends, and bad for the people
receiving fetchmail-friends mail.

I was in a hell of a hurry just before Worldcon.  I'll be more careful,
promise.
--

There's a truism that the road to Hell is often paved with good intentions.
The corollary is that evil is best known not by its motives but by its