[fetchmail]Question

2001-09-20 20:20:13
        Hello all,
       How difficult would it be to tell fetchmail to get a glob.  As
an example, I would like to write the following in my .fetchmailrc

poll myothermachine with proto IMAP auth ssh
     plugin 'ssh myothermachine /usr/sbin/imapd'
     user 'trey' there with password 'trey' is 'trey' here
     folder /trey/mail/*

And have it iterate over every file in /trey/mail/
The reason for this seemingly irrational desire is fairly simple.  I
am subscribed to a few lists and have procmail rules to
handle them all.  When I travel I like to just ssh to my other machine
in order to read that through mutt and have all the mail in its nice
compartmentalized places.  But when I am home, I want everything to be
basically the exact same.  Unfortunately that requires me having a
chintsy script to grab a directory listing of my mailing lists and
append that to my .fetchmailrc so that it looks like this:

poll myothermachine with proto IMAP auth ssh
     plugin 'ssh myothermachine /usr/sbin/imapd'
     user 'trey' there with password 'trey' is 'trey' here
     folder
/trey/mail/lists/this,/trey/mail/lists/that,/trey/mail/lists/theother ...

        Thank you for your time,
        -Trey Belew

--
Ashton Trey Belew