[fetchmail]Logging suggestion

2001-09-20 15:04:39
As was previously suggested, I consider it worthwhile to have fetchmail log
a message when it has finished a poll cycle when running as a daemon. I have
tweaked the code myself and it is running very sattisfying. The message is
issued only when running under the --verbose option. So what I did was
slightly modifying the code to lower that threshold to >silent. The diff
output for fetchmail.c version 5.9.0 is below.

Fetchmail now issues a notification like "fetchmail[25388]: sleeping at Thu
Sep 20 23:42:51 2001" after each cycle. This allows me to properly and
easily interpret and parse the syslog and determine the state fetchmail is
in at any moment.

I request this code change to be added to the CVS.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Jan Klaverstijn

# diff fetchmail.c.orig fetchmail.c
719a720,725
      /*
       * Report end of cycle when in daemon mode
       * Lowered minimum level for message from VERBOSE to normal.
       * - Jan Klaverstijn, jan(_at_)klaverstijn(_dot_)nl
       */
          /*** Old code:
722a729,731
             ***/
          if (outlevel > O_SILENT)
              report(stdout, _("sleeping at %s\n"), timestamp());