Re: [fetchmail]Re: No bounce mail...

2001-09-24 15:33:05
Sunil Shetye <shetye(_at_)bombay(_dot_)retortsoft(_dot_)com>:
Quoting from Sunil Shetye's mail on Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:06:33PM +0530:
fetchmail does not send any bounce message now on a bad address.

I think the patch in 5.8.17 has removed the call the send_bouncemail()
causing no bounce messages to be sent in any case.

This patch should undo it...

OK, now I'm officially confused.

I remember taking this code out.  It was after 5.8.16 in response to a
bug report by Quoc Luu.  He reported:

v5.8.15 is still handling bad addresses weird: it sends 2 bounce messages
to the sender and forwards the original message to postmaster without any
error message.

So I removed the source of one (1) bounce message in this case.  I believe
my reasoning was that the SMTP listener fetchmail passes the message to would
itself ship a bounce message in this case.  Do you have any idea why this is
not happening?
--

A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men
purchases its own spiritual death on an installment plan.