Re: [fetchmail]Re: No bounce mail...

2001-09-30 09:16:57
Sunil Shetye <shetye(_at_)bombay(_dot_)retortsoft(_dot_)com>:
I think it would be better to verify if that bugreport was true in the
first place...

I had looked through the code in version 5.8.16 and it did not seem
possible for two bounce messages to be sent even in the case of weird
errors...

That bug report had specified two messages with the following errors:

"General SMTP/ESMTP error" which is generated by handle_smtp_report()
which is called by open_sink() for errors in from address. open_sink()
returns if there are any errors in from address.

"Some addresses were rejected by the MDA fetchmail forwards to" which
is generated by open_sink() for errors in to address. This part of the
code is not reached when any errors in from address are found.

The bug report unfortunately had not printed the fetchmail
transaction, it had only printed the SMTP transaction. So, the bug
report was incomplete. It could not be deduced from that bug report if
the error messages were related to the same mail in the first place!

OK, I'm going to re-enable the explicit-bounce code.  Matthias, if this causes
you problems please let me know with a more detailed bug report along the
lines Sunil is suggesting.
--

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant
that government governs only with the consent of the governed.