[fetchmail]The 5.9.3 release of fetchmail is available

2001-09-30 09:34:35
The 5.9.3 release of fetchmail is now available at the usual locations,
including <URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail>.

The source archive is available at:
<URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-5.9.3.tar.gz>

Here are the release notes:

fetchmail-5.9.3 (Sun Sep 30 12:08:52 EDT 2001), 21075 lines:

* Fix configuration error in handling of long options.
* Thomas Moestl's patch to use querynames in UID files.
* Timeout to deal with long socket closes (Sunil Shetye).
* Move from RSA MD5 code to Colin Plumb's public-domain implementation (BSD
  classic license eliminated)
* Rewrite strcasecmp() (BSD classic license eliminated).
* getopt_long is back for Solaris and HP-UX systems.
* Updated Danish po file.
* Re-enable explicit bounce message on bad address.

There are 393 people on fetchmail-friends and 622 on fetchmail-announce.

Main purpose of this release is license cleanup -- getting rid of
stuff licensed under BSD classic that is not GPL-compatible.

By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been omitted.
--

Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation,
that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defence?  Where is the