[fetchmail]Re: New PO file for `fetchmail-5.9.2'

2001-09-30 12:06:15
Byrial Jensen <byrial(_at_)image(_dot_)dk> writes:

This is bad. The Danish translation of fetchmail 5.9.2 is NOT up to
date.

Oops, thanks for noting.

I used to run 'make update-po' manually before updating the
translation. Either ESR (the maintainer) or the TP Robot have to
take care of updating the pot file to get fetchmail translation
work with the Translation Project.

Yes, preferable the maintainer (ESR).

Right now there is also another problem. ESR changed the macro for
gettext() from _ to GT_, but did not add the new keyword to the
xgettext invocation. I suppose this must be done in
po/Makefile.in.in about line 90.

Good spot.  Eric already changed it for 5.9.3, thanks!

"Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

Does this just mean adding `make update-po` somewhere in my Makefile.in?
If so, where should it be?

At 'make install' and 'make dist' stages please make sure to have an
up-to-date po/fetchmail.pot file.  The update-po target has to depend on
po/fetchmail.pot and .gmo files must depend on .po files.

I installed fetchmail-5.9.3.pot manually; I guess it's not that
difficult to get it right for the next fetchmail release.

All the best,
Karl

--
ke(_at_)suse(_dot_)de (work) / keichwa(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o