Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail hangs trying to receive mail in batch mode....

2001-09-26 04:46:26
The mail server is NTMail version 4, if this helps any.....

Not quite sure of the problem here. I set fetchmail up to get my mail.
Works fine when I fire it up from the command line, but when I set it
running from a cron job, the large mails seem to hold the link up. In
one instance, the link was held up for 93 hours (over a long weekend)
tryin to fetch a mail that was 493k in size. I then proceeded to do a
fetchmail -v (exactly as in my script from the cron job) and viola, it
retrieved it in a jiffy. I have tried many permutations to no avail.
Smaller messages seem to be no problem though. I upgraded to 5.9.0-1,
the latest RPM I could find.

Any help appreciated.

--
Hamish Whittal          QED Technologies                Tel: +27 21 448 9291
hamish(_at_)QEDux(_dot_)co(_dot_)za                                     Fax: