Re: [fetchmail]now this is fun

2001-09-26 04:47:42
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Rob Funk wrote:
is GPL.  The problem is that The original BSD license (which OpenSSL
has) includes the advertising clause, which is incompatible with the
GPL.  For details, see: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html

Indeed. Why use that damn advertising clause version of the license in
something like OpenSSL, I'll never understand.

that the OpenSSL license is incompatible with the GPL, and a lot of
SSL-modified programs have had to lose their SSL capabilities in order
be be legal.  (Obviously many people add those capabilities back in
for their own use.)  I've especially noticed this since I run Debian,
which is picky about these things.

We're going to kill the hamster with a swift hammer swing in Debian. I hope
woody will be immune to the OpenSSL license problems, but if not woody then
woody+1.

  Henrique Holschuh