Re: [fetchmail]now this is fun

2001-09-26 09:10:29
[...]

My next thought is, all of fetchmail is covered by the GPL, so why
are only the getopt files considered conflicting.  My guess is that as
copyright holder, ESR can link fetchmail with anything, but the FSF is
the copyright holder for the getopt files.  ESR, your comments here
would be appreciated.

That's it exactly.  I attached a specific exemption for OpenSSL to
fetchmail's copy of the GPL.

  everything great, but what about those systems without getopt_long?
  your mail doesn't talk about it, and that's what my primary mail was
trying to figure out.

  f.-