[fetchmail]id file breakage when not using the canonical name of a server

2001-09-27 09:40:08
Hi,

the last move of the DNS resolving of the server names seems to have
broken the uid list handling when not using the canonical name of a
server in the config file. The reason for that is that the truename
field of the hostdata structure is initialized to the query name at
first, and before the DNS lookups are done the uid file is read.
However, when the uid file was written in the last invocation,
truename had already been filled with the canonical name, so the names
differ in that case and entry is added to the scratch list and ignored.

I've attached a patch that makes the uidfile handling always use the
query name; I don't really see a need to use the canonical name here,
after all the CNAME record may change and in this case the uid list
probably stays valid.

        - thomas