[fetchmail]Re: New PO file for `fetchmail-5.9.2'

2001-10-01 07:10:23
Byrial Jensen <byrial(_at_)image(_dot_)dk> writes:

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 20:49:03 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

Does this just mean adding `make update-po` somewhere in my Makefile.in?
If so, where should it be?

At 'make install' and 'make dist' stages please make sure to have an
up-to-date po/fetchmail.pot file.  The update-po target has to depend on
po/fetchmail.pot and .gmo files must depend on .po files.

I think that all the necessary rules already are in the makefiles to
update fetchmail.pot and the po-files, but the problem is that they
are not called and don't work when nls is disabled by calling the
configure script with '--disable-nls'.

This is an interesting problem.  I'm not sure whether the 'dist'
target is already improved for the next gettext release (0.11).  Cc:
to Bruno Haible.

Another thing to be aware of: An update of fetchmail.pot fails if
the source file rcfile_y.c isn't built in advance. There is no rule
in the makefile in po directory to do this automatically.

Maybe, it's the best to distribute this file, too?

--
                                               Free Translation Project:
Karl Eichwalder             http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/