Re: [fetchmail]Again: FeatureRequest: log if fetchmail run is done

2001-10-04 06:13:39
Jan Klaverstijn <jan(_at_)klaverstijn(_dot_)nl>:
Sorry for insisting, but it is still not what I hoped for. In 5.9.1 the
requested feature is implemented to log the end of a poll cycle. Thanks to
Eric for this. However, what I see is messages bracketing each user poll. I
ment to mark each poll of the daemon, between waking up and falling asleep
again. Also, the messages are only sent when logging to a file. I use syslog
and see no messages at all. I think there is confusion as to what a poll
cylce is. I assume the logic is

FOREACH interval
   FOREACH server
      FOREACH user
         fetchmail;

I regard a cycle to be "FOREACH interval", or at least "FOREACH server" (in
my case equivalent). The current implementation of therequest is "FOREACH
user". This also explains the concerns about verbosity.

Fair points.  I'll make some appropriate changes.
--

Freedom begins between the ears.
        -- Edward Abbey