[fetchmail]Re: First question

2001-10-05 08:06:05
Romano Vincenzo writes:

Hi there all.
I'd like to know if there's a way to provide fetchmail with the password in
a way other than with the .fetchmailrc or
with the stdio input.
I've not been able to find the corrsponding command line option (I think
that there's not one).
Specifying passwords on the command line is *always* a security risk. Try typing "ps -ef" (on Linux - or whatever your system equivalent is) to see every parameter passed to every process by every user on your system.
Still want to pass passwords as parameters?
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)