[fetchmail]feature suggestion

2001-10-29 12:03:36
I recently got a mail message with malformed headers.  It appears
that a mailing list agent had taken somebody's

     yyy
     zzz

header and transformed it into

     yyyy

     zzzz

which resulted in fetchmail griping about

fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers

as the spurious blank line within the headers falsely delimited the
header/body of the message.

It would be nice if fetchmail had a switch like
"--save-exactly-what-the-retarded-imap-server-gives-me-to-this-file"
so that I could see what was going on.  My other "option" is to try to
do this through MS Outlook, but I can find no way to get it to confess
what the actual bytes of the message are.

Thanks,

-Matthew

PS: fetchmail saves me from using Outlook as a mail client and let's
me use XEmacs instead, for which I cannot possibly thank you enough.

--
Matthew Eldridge, 408/453-8726 x206