Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail Received line

2001-11-15 19:11:52
--On Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:17 PM -0500 "Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> wrote:

Jeff Tucker <jefft(_at_)wciatl(_dot_)com>:
Fetchmail is inserting a line like:

        by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-5.9.0)
        for fetchmail(_at_)localhost (single-drop); Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:30:09
-0500
(EST)

into my email. While it's technically correct, I need that "localhost"
to  be replaced with my actual hostname. How does fetchmail determine
what to  put there and how can I make that be correct?

Which `localhost'...first, second, or both?

The second localhost appears to be the argument of the "smtphost" command, so I can make that be whatever I want. The first localhost is my mystery. The "hostname" program returns a reasonable name. I assume that the gethostname syscall does also.

While we're on this topic, I have an "smtpname" command in my fetchmail command file. Why isn't that name used on the third line above instead of "fetchmail" which is the user actually running the fetchmail process?

Thanks
Jeff
--
Jeff Tucker