[fetchmail]How to delete unwanted emails using fetchmail

2001-11-19 06:38:26
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me how to simply delete all emails destined for a specific user (using Demon's SDPS - it's a domain other than the one I'm sending this email from). I've read through the documents, but I can't see an option to do this. I thought about rejecting emails over, say, one byte, but that just leaves them on the server. I know that demon might delete them after 30 days, but they might not be too happy at all those emails sitting there that long. I'm using qmail, and normally receive emails by SMTP and forward them on to another server for delivery, so the server running fetchmail doesn't know which users exist and which don't, but I can tell fetchmail explicitly which email addresses I want deleted.

I thought about polling only the problem user, then specifying a script for the MDA which returns an error code which would bounce the email, but that still means I'm going to have bounces getting sent out, so that option seems to be inapplicable for me.

The reason I need this is that a spammer has set a non-existant email address in our domain as the From: address in his spams, and the poor postmaster [me] is getting all the bounces (so far 25000 on a 56k dial-up line).

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Brian