[fetchmail]Maybe this is a silly question...

2001-12-12 00:43:27
In the man page for fetchmail, the explanation of ETRN indicates that
it forwards ites addressed to the client machine.

I'm confused because I have a domain, so what does that mean for email
addressed to kingram(_at_)sdl(_dot_)org or mail addressed to
somebody(_at_)sdl(_dot_)org?

Do I need to make some additional options active?

Furthermore, my pop server for incoming mail is with a completely
different ISP than my outgoing. (Long story, probably not relevant
as I have send/recieve of email without major difficulty) so I'm a little
loath to "test" ETRN mode so I don't lose mail.

Pardon me for being an idiot but some things in the FAQ assume a level
of experience I have not yet gained. I'm just trying to get my email
working properly so I can get everyone in the domain an email address
that they can use, and figure out why various people are using SDL.ORG
as email without even having an account here.

If I need to proveide additional or more specific information please let
me know what that should be.

Thanks
Ken I.