Re: [fetchmail]NTLM question

2002-01-25 15:55:27
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 NO There is no such mailbox on this server

This is because MS Exchange is so friggin' stupid it doesn't
know what inbox belongs to what username.  If your mailbox name
is different than your username the IMAP server has problems.

I can see the bits in smbutil.c where the domain is split ( at the '@'
character ) and the NTDOMAIN is taken as the first part after the '@' but
the log file still tells me no mailbox for this user.  The NTDOMAIN is
different from the SMTP-DOMAIN Ie "NTDOMAIN" != "Invensys.com".

Ignore the DNS domain stuff.

My NT name is SANDREWS and NT-DOMAIN is NTDOMAIN, but the mailbox / email
address on that Exchange server knows my name and domain to be
Stuart(_dot_)Andrews(_at_)invensys(_dot_)com
<mailto:Stuart(_dot_)Andrews(_at_)invensys(_dot_)com> .

Your mailbox name is probably Stuart.Andrews

I no longer have access to Exchange server w/ IMAP, and it
isn't authoritatively documented anywhere, but others in the
past have reported success by specifying a username like

   Username\NTDomain\MailboxName

If that doesn't work, try other permutations:

   NTDomain\Username\MailboxName
   MialboxName\Username\NTDomain

Grant Edwards
grante(_at_)visi(_dot_)com