Re: [fetchmail]What's bad with qmailinject?

2002-01-26 19:56:23
Hi Karel.Divis,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 22:01:08 +0100,
Karel(_dot_)Divis(_at_)worldmail(_dot_)cz wrote:

commented it out in the fetchmail source code immediately).

Could somebody explain to me briefly what's this feature good for, or
what's bad with the mails delivered with it (e.g. this one)? If there
is a good reason, I'll stop use it. Thank you in advance.

If you didn't read the fetchmail NEWS file you should at least have read
the fprintf() statement in env.c where you commented out the code, so
you should know why fetchmail complains about QMAILINJECT being set.
Otherwise consider reading qmail/doc/FAQ and qmail/man8/qmail-inject.8

However, there is nothing wrong with setting QMAILINJECT when injecting
mail you wrote yourself, but for the fetchmail environment the
QMAILINJECT behavior (rewriting From and Message-ID) is certainly not
what you want. In fact you shouldn't need any of the QMAILINJECT
variable features with fetchmail, so unsetting the variable before
running fetchmail should perfectly do it, no need to patch wisdom away..

  Eike

--
 PGP key 0xDA620A55: 01 53 0B 6F E3 37 08 47  E2 A0 6A 63 C1 3E 8B 96