Re: [fetchmail]Ah, another "little" thing :)

2002-01-29 09:23:25
Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:53:45AM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
[...]
fetchmail: POP3< 680 5372
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> TOP 1 99999999
fetchmail: POP3< +OK message 1 (4602 octets):
reading message luar/pop(_at_)cs(_dot_)com(_dot_)uy:1 of 680 (4602 octets)
fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers
fetchmail: SMTP< 220 ts.cs.com.uy ESMTP
fetchmail: SMTP> EHLO cs.com.uy
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-ts.cs.com.uy
fetchmail: SMTP< 250-PIPELINING
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 8BITMIME
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<cheats-help(_at_)lists(_dot_)neoseeker(_dot_)com>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<luarpop(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 go ahead
#fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 ok 1012263599 qp 21292 flushed

Well, it looks like it's been handed over to your mail server (whatever
you've defined, I *think* it defaults to localhost).  Check your mail server
logs to find out what's happened to it.

Hi Rob! Yes, my emails are being sent to my local mail server to the
account luarpop. That's fine, I want it that way..

fetchmail: POP3> DELE 1
fetchmail: POP3<         id 3C0E8A010039D524 for
lroji(_at_)adinet(_dot_)com(_dot_)uy; Mon,
21 Jan 2002 18:41:56 -
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< 0300
fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from cs.com.uy
fetchmail: 5.9.6 querying cs.com.uy (protocol POP3) at Mon Jan 28 21:19:59
2002: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

And that looks like a broken POP server.  I think Eric's standard request is
as much detail as you can provide on it (ie what software, versions etc).

yes, this is the real problem, as I said (or thought I said :) the POP
server is broken, it cuts the messages at 80 chars (like old days with
C128! :) and fetchmail thinks that the header finished and the message
has started...

The POP server is made by old programmers where I work (they don't work
here anymore), and we can't fix it in a "short" time :(

I don't know if fetchmail has some feature like "wait only for
<ENTER>.<ENTER>" and don't watch the headers... I looked for it in the
FAQ, Documentation, and in google (I found one man asking for something
like it)...

The better for all would be some way to make a plug in for this case, I
can do this job, but I think very few people in the world has problems
like this... and I don't want to do a fix for some time, and later
upgrade fetchmail and got to do it again...

My previous solution was download all the mails, like the pop servers
want, (many of them broken) and then apply a self made program to repair
the headers, but now I'm only getting the first lines of the header, and
the message is being deleted from the pop server... :(

I'm using qmail as my local smtp server. (1.03)

Thanks again! really, a lot.

luar