Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail appends newlines (

2002-02-01 19:45:18
Eric D. Hendrickson <edh(_at_)mr(_dot_)net>:
I am using fetchmail 5.9.6 (and before that, 5.9.5) and three times
(twice with 5.9.5 and once now with 5.9.6) I have experienced
fetchmail suddenly start appending
's (^M's, newlines) to each line
of my incoming messages.  It took me a while to confirm that it wasn't
something I did to my .procmailrc, etc, and verify that fetchmail is
the culprit.  I backed out to a 5.7 version of fetchmail and the
problem stopped.

Wow.  It sounds like something is randomly switching on forcecr at
runtime. But I can't even imagine what could produce behavior like that;
forcecr is set only once, at the time .fetchmailrc is read.

Are you sure it's not your MTA doing this?

Is the problem reproducible within a reasonable time?  If so, we might
be able to narrow down to the location of the bug by doing a binary
search on versions.  You might start by testing to see if 5.8.5 shows
this problem.