Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail 5.9.7 fails to build under RH 7.2

2002-02-13 10:55:22
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Paul Dickson wrote:
I'm trying to get 5.9.7 to compile under RedHat 7.2, but I'm getting stuck
when the Makefile in the intl directory is used.  It seems that the option
@LIBTOOL@ is not getting replaced.

Am I missing some utility which ./configure needs?

Something is weird in the gettext stuff, I suppose. Looks actually like
autoconf breakage, but it could actually be libtool braindamage as well. Get
debian's source package of fetchmail from Debian unstable (through
packages.debian.org), apply the debian diff on top of the tarball, touch *
*/* (to fix the timestamp skew problem generated by applying the diff) and
build. It should work; if it doesn't, I have no idea.

You could also try building using RH7.2 gettext (i.e. without
--with-included-gettext).

  Henrique Holschuh