[fetchmail]fetchmail: SMTP error: 250 2.0.0 Reset state

2002-02-28 14:51:45
Hi

I'm quite a beginner with fetchmail - well as with most of the unix stuff
... So, please don't send me flames but some hints who to solve the problem
or where I should look first (I haven't found a answer in the fetchmail
faq - that I tryed ;-) )

Since some month I get error messages with every poll. The message is:

fetchmail: SMTP error: 250 2.0.0 Reset state

It started with one such message per poll and now I get about 10 of them. I
use fetchmail as a crontab process and not as a demon. The hole thing playes
on a freeBSD based system.

The guess I have is that every message is for a different pop3 account. For
me it looks like fetchmail get's a error when delivering the emails after
getting it from the pop3 server.

What could it be?
What do i need to check?

It looks like even with this messages the system runs fine.

I would thank everybody in advance for the help I may get.
Stefan Mallepell