[fetchmail]mismatch manual page <-> source

2002-02-28 15:27:48
Hello,

Today I have been playing around with a spammer which made my sendmail say
'553 5.1.8 <lifeup2(_at_)hotzail(_dot_)com>... Domain of sender address
lifeup2(_at_)hotzail(_dot_)com does not exist'

Fetchmail 5.9.0 as included with from RedHat 7.2 tried to bounce this
message, as the manual page says it will.

I found fetchmail 5.9.8 does not bounce the mailmessage when it gets a 553 back
from the MTA. So my problem was solved, until I read the manual page
which accompanies fetchmail 5.9.8. It still says:

  .TP 5
  553 (invalid sending domain)
  Delete the message from the server.  Send bounce-mail to the originator.

I suppose this should be changed to something like:

  .TP 5
  553 (invalid sending domain)
  Delete the message from the server.
  Don't even try to send bounce-mail to the originator.

Regards, Johan Swenker
BTW I am not subscribed to fetchmail-friends. I justed wanted to
let you know about a minor error in the manual page. If you want
to discuss this item with me, please send me private mail.

--
 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     <Johan.Swenker AT HetNet.NL>