Re: [fetchmail]A problem with mail from sourceforge.net

2002-03-25 08:00:01
I wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
which does not have the 'for" clause in netsrvr's header. However, it
has worked with the UML account I created here:
[from the user-mode-linux-admin list]

       by netsrvr.ami.com.au (8.11.2/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f94ExxJ02092
       for <uml(_at_)summer(_dot_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>; Thu, 4 Oct 2001
22:59:59 +0800

Sorry, that was still the user-mode-linux-user list, not a
user-mode-linux-admin list.  But the difference between this one and
the one on the same list without "for" is that this one goe's through
summer.ami.com.au instead of netsrvr.ami.com.au.

netsrvr is my ISP's machine. All mail to addresses in os2.ami.com.au (I
used to have a machine there of that name) and summer.ami.com.au (what
my ISP uses now) gets dropped into summer(_at_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au and
stored on
netsrvr.

The answer is simple.  Someone else getting mail through
netsrvr.amu.com.au subscribed to user-mode-linux-user in August.

s/amu.com.au/ami.com.au/

The only way I see to resolve the problem is for fetchmail to have the
capability to do just that. Perhaps someone could come up with a
facility analogous to sendmail's aliases?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!